Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rules for Eavesdropping...

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. - John 14:14 (KJV)
Strictly speaking, if you are going to eavesdrop on a conversation you can't, realistically, say a promise made to a participant is a promise made to you.

You can say if one meets similar conditions as the participants it could, possibly, apply at the discretion of the promisor, but you can't think the speaker a liar because what was promised to someone else wasn't done for you, a bystander.

Just because I tack on the "...in Jesus Name!" to my prayers doesn't mean I should expect, magically, get what I ask for, no matter how much I want it.

On the plus side, however, Jesus made some wonderful promises we can claim with certainty. Note the "He that..." and the "If a man..."
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. - John 14:21 (KJV)
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. - John 14:23 (KJV)
Eavesdropping on Christ's conversations is well worth the effort, you just have to apply common sense eavesdropping rules.
- fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment