Monday, July 19, 2010

Knowing What We Are, and Why

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." - 1st Corinthians 13:11
"I'm an atheist!" said the little girl at the Russian school we were visiting in 1992.

The Berlin wall had fallen and that vast communist country opened its doors and hearts to something different. We were there sharing our home education program in their schools and offering to partner with them in teaching character.

My friend said to this little girl, "Oh? What's an atheist?", and after thinking a while she responded, "I don't know."

We are sometimes like that little Russian student, thinking we believe something without really knowing what it means or why.

As believers we need to grow up and learn what is true and how to apply it in ways that actually make a difference.

-fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment