Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Complaint Department

[W]ith my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble." - Psalm 142:1b-2
An old joke tells of a man asking to immigrate to the United States. His communist country's official wants to know why. "Is there a problem with the food here?" "I can't complain about that", the man replies.

Is something wrong with the work, the housing, the government?" But the man answers, "I can't complain about that, either!".

Finally, in frustration, the official asks, "Why, then, do you want go to America?!"

"There, I can complain!"

There is a legitimate place to complain, not to just anyone but to God! He will hear and console1; indeed he is the only one who can really help.

Got a complaint? Take it to the celestial Complaint Department, no appointment necessary.

- fritz

1 - Suffering, What to Look For, Monday, September 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment