Sunday, October 10, 2010

Always a Positive Focus!

"I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the Lord." - Exodus 6:7b-8
God's purpose for his people was not to just get OUT of Egypt but to get IN to the promised land.

This has never changed, God's acts always have a positive focus! As Frances Ridley Havergal, author of the hymn, “Take My Life and Let it Be” wrote 120 years ago,
“[T]he … Christ loving heart cannot be satisfied with only negative keeping ... Every, ‘kept from,’ should have its corresponding and still more blessed, ‘kept for’ ... not only kept from sin but kept for His praise.1
- fritz
 
1 - Kept For The Masters Use by Frances Ridley Havergal, 1881, page 23

No comments:

Post a Comment