Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kisses of His mouth - Song 1:02

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. - Song 1:2 (KJV)
I am finding hidden treasure using the Song of Solomon as a devotional aid, interpreting the imagery to understand the relationship between me and Jesus, my savior.

The initial hurdle, for a man, is the idea of kissing. We are not "kissing" Jesus.

But "kissing" is often applied in non-literal ways, even in our current culture. If I told you my back tire kissed the curb, yesterday, when I turned into my neighborhood, you would know exactly what I meant.

"Kiss", in this way, means a brief encounter which leaves a lasting impression and "Mouth", when applied to Christ, means the Word of God.

Devotionally, we interpret this passage to mean a desire/prayer for a God-given encounter with his word, the Bible, specifically applied in a way that leaves lasting results.

-FAL

No comments:

Post a Comment