Monday, August 9, 2010

Making the Longest Journey

Love ... Puts up with anything, - 1st Corinthians 13:4a,7a (Message)
Someone said the longest journey is the distance between the head and heart.

We have a difficult home situation with people needing to be there, needing to be cared for, seemingly unable to make personal adjustments to cooperate or even to just get along - it has been an almost constant source of stress.

My lovely spouse and I have discussed and grappled with how to respond in love toward the family, but though I can know this is God's path, it hasn't resonated until I read this verse again and heard God speak it into my heart.

"Love puts up with anything." I don't think this means that anything goes but that I, with God's help, can have real heart felt compassion and forgiveness as we live together.

- fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment