Monday, February 21, 2011

Trinity Not Confusing to Paul

"Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ...in whom ... ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise" - Ephesians 1:2
Paul was not confused about the Holy Trinity. He could hold the oneness of God with the diversity of persons without complaining or confusion.

Something being both one and more at the same time is seen every day in ourselves. Who do you argue with when your conscience tells you something? How do you know your body is hungry, and do you give it everything it wants?

I'm not talking about multiple personalities, but our own spirit, soul, and body 1 interacting normally. My conscience is its own person, my mind is its own person, my body is its own person - each acting independently, yet still only one of me.

Which one rules? Well, in my imperfection, sometimes its my body and sometimes my will. I can accomplish great things when my conscience confirms what my mind envisions and my body obeys.

God acts together. There is no struggle for attention or dominance. The Father loves, plans, feels and directs. The Son acts in voluntary obedience, and the Spirit communicates God's motives, intentions, and joy.

It is God, our Father, who planned the way of Salvation. It is God, the Son, who of his own free will chose to obey, even to the cross. It is the Holy Spirit who gives us a taste of heaven and tells us God's true intentions and motives.

- fritz
1 - 1st Thessalonians 5:23

No comments:

Post a Comment