Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Abraham's Blessing - Chased by Good

"Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, ... and I will bless thee..."- Genesis 12:1-2
Many years ago God appeared to Abraham and gave what is called "Abraham's Blessing". Passed down through the centuries it finally resides in Christ, Abraham's promised heir, and we, too, become eligible.
"Christ hath redeemed us ... That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ" - Galatians 3:13a, 14a
For us in Christ this has unique meaning.

There are six (6) things we get to participate in, not the least of which is the fact we no longer have to chase after the blessings we think we want.

When I follow Christ, God's blessings chase me!

This is precisely the meaning of Psalm 23 when it says,
"The Lord is my Shepherd ... Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life"
God is working all things for my good1 as I love him and follow his call his blessings follow me.

- fritz

1 - Romans 8:23

No comments:

Post a Comment