Saturday, November 20, 2010

Abraham's Blessing - Goes Around, Comes Around

"Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house ... And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee - Genesis 12:1-3
Perhaps most controversial of "Abraham's Blessing" is God's promise to actually bless and curse others according to their actions towards his people.

I have, actually, witnessed this. When people are kind to the followers of Christ their own lives go better.1 Those who make one of God's children, the poor, or widows cry don't last long.2

When even fellow believers hurt each other, they only end up hurting themselves. I don't respond well to those who hurt my children or when my children hurt each other; I don't think God does, either.

Our response, even when hurt, is not to be vengeful but to offer a blessing3 and get out of the way - it is God who takes care of us.4

- fritz

1 - Matthew 10:42 - Even a cup of cold water
2 - Proverbs 23:10-11
3 - Luke 6:28 - Bless those that curse you
4 - Romans 12:19 - God repays, not us

No comments:

Post a Comment