Friday, November 12, 2010

George Bush Remembering Alchohol

"I haven't had a drop of alcohol since that night at The Broadmoor in 1986. There's no way to know where my life would have headed if I hadn't made the decision to quit drinking. But I am certain that I would not be recording these thoughts as a former governor of Texas and president of the United States.

I could not have quit drinking without faith. I also don't think my faith would be as strong if I hadn't quit drinking. I believe God helped open my eyes, which were closing because of booze.

For that reason, I've always felt a special connection to the words of 'Amazing Grace,' my favorite hymn: 'I once was lost, but now am found / was blind, but now I see'"
-George W. Bush, Decision Points", 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment