Monday, November 15, 2010

Abraham's Blessing - A New Nation

"Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house ... and I will make of thee a great nation ..." - Genesis 12:1-3
My affiliation with Christ enables me to participate in "Abraham's Blessing".1

Part of that blessing is nation building - not a political nation, but a common bond of heart and soul that will culminate upon Christ's return to rule this earth.

Jesus told his disciples, "I will build my church".2 The word, "Church" literally means "the called out ones." Called out of every nation and ethnic group are individuals who are to be part of his work in the earth. The call is generic in that anyone can participate if they desire to do so. It is specific in that only the ones tapped by God will say, "Yes!" Do you feel that draw to participate? It's him calling.

These are, collectively, the "Mountain that filled the whole earth" mentioned in the Bible's book of Daniel, chapter two.3 They are the temple of God building for his habitation.4 They are the "joints and ligaments" of the Body of Christ, helping it to grow into full maturity.5

Entering Christ has made me part of something bigger than myself, bigger than my nation, bigger than my time in history.

How cool is that!

-fritz

1 - Galatians 3:13
2 - Matthew 16:18
3 - Daniel 2:34
4 - Ephesians 2:22
5 - Ephesians 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment