Friday, December 17, 2010

We have a Shepherd (Not Everyone Does)


Psalm 23 must be the most quoted of all the Psalms and for good reason. In six (6) short verses it describes God's blessing and care for those who are his.
"The LORD is my shepherd" - Psalm 23:1a
While people are often referred to as sheep not all have shepherds. They are described as having no one to give them purpose, no one to defend them from preditors, no one to bind up their wounds or give them peace.
But when [Jesus] saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. - Matthew 9:36
Jesus has compassion and takes those who see their need and call to him to be their shepherd.
"I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me" - Jesus (John 10:14)
- fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment