Thursday, December 23, 2010

What do I do?


"The LORD is my shepherd ... Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;" - Psalm 23:1a, 4
So what's my part in this sheep to shepherd relationship with God? I walk - choosing not to fear even if/when I am in dreadful times and places.

This is, really, the ONLY thing he expects - to follow him in my daily life trusting even in tough times he will keep me safe and lead me through; it's just that simple.

I can't always see the big picture or understand the "why", but by God's grace I can put one foot in front of the other, choose to be brave, and trust God will make things right.

The senior pastor where I once served took me aside one day and said, "Your faith is just too simple for real life". The only response I could give - "I guess the only way I'll survive is by the grace of God!" He agreed, but not in the positive way I intended. That was almost 30 years ago.

God's grace has always been sufficient for my need. I walk and choose not to fear, God handles the rest.

- fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment