Monday, June 14, 2010

Little Fingers and no Shaving Kit!

Half an hour before work and I'm standing around looking for my shaving kit!

My youngest had put it on a lower shelf; mystery solved, just one more thing of mine taken by little fingers, used, and not returned! What pushed me over the edge was discovering my favorite razor and aftershave were replaced with something inferior!

"Don't I even have a place the size of a postage stamp where I can keep my stuff?!" I sputtered at 6:30 in the morning!

I learned two important lessons that day.

Lesson One: Giving my life to Jesus also gave him all that's mine - I'm now a steward not an owner.
...ye are not your own ... ye are bought with a price.
- 1st Corinthians 6:19b-20a
I knew this, but over time I forget, sometimes holding even the smallest things too tightly. My heavenly Father loves me enough to reveal unsubmitted pockets so I can enjoy Him fully.

The second lesson would have been missed had I not relearned the first.

My son saw his older brother take my items and go away! My littlest loved me enough to find replacements, put them in my bag, then returned it as close as he could reach, just so I would have have a good day when I woke up!

I learned that day little fingers can have big hearts and are a blessing from God and I told them (my son and my Savior) so!

- fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment