Sunday, June 27, 2010

What's My Calling?

There are so many causes and so little me, how do I hear God say, "This is the place!", and, "Now is the time!"?

The answer can be seen in the little book, Nehemiah. One day Nehemiah had a curious thought - What's happening back in Jerusalem? He was told the place was a shambles.
"when I heard these words, ... I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven" - Nehemiah 1:4 (KJV)1
To me, Nehemiah's response seems over the top; certainly not everyone had that reaction.

There are certain things that stir our emotions and capture our attention; that's the "where" and "what" of our calling.

What captures your attention and touches you emotionally? Begin there!

- fritz

1 - Nehemiah 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment