Saturday, January 2, 2010

Asking the Wrong Questions

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:" (Colossians 1:13 KJV)
We don't understand the gospel because we don't understand the real problem.

God offers forgiveness and redemption from sin and we say, "I don't need that, I need God to make my marriage work, or to keep the bank from repossessing my car or house, or to keep my kids out of trouble."

We say, "I don't need deliverance from selfishness, I need more friends, God, give me more friends!"

We say, "I don't need to be diligent and study more, I need better grades, God, give me better grades!"

We say, "Sin is not my problem, I need God to work in my life, where is all that benelovance God promises; why is he not answering my prayers?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment