Friday, January 22, 2010

Hung up on the small stuff

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst....And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. - John 6:35, 40-41 (KJV)


Jesus' hearers got all bent out of shape about Jesus saying he was the Bread of Heaven (like the Mana in the Old Testament) and one should "eat his flesh" and "drink his blood", never noticing or addressing the fact that Jesus said on the last day, he would be the one to raise the dead!

Which is most important to notice - a metaphor about bread and water, or realizing who's voice you will hear on that last day?

No comments:

Post a Comment