Sunday, May 2, 2010

God Is Not the only Trinity we know...

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." - 1st Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV)
We are more than just a body, soul, or spirit, but all three (3) at the same time; God is not the only trinity we interact with on a daily basis.

Two (2) additional things to note:

1) God doesn't just "Save my soul" but is interested in me as a whole person.

2) God's preservation begins before the return of Christ, not just in the "sweet bye-and-bye".

I think this means that, though God sometimes allows me to experience suffering for my overall good (Romans 8:28) as any good parent would, all things being equal, God wants me healthy in my body, happy in my soul, and strong in my spirit beginning now and extending through the coming of Christ and into Eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment