Saturday, May 8, 2010

Not prisoner of the one who owned the chains...

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called" - Ephesians 4:1 (KJV)
Pauls viewpoint on imprisonment is particuarly interesting.

He had been in Jerusalem when 1Peter was miraculously released by an angel and saw, firsthand, God's freeing power. Paul, therefore, considered himself a prisoner not of the particular municipality owning the chains, but a prisoner of the Lord. He continued to write and preach like always, focused on Christ not his chains figuring God would either use him where he was or set him free. This was not a desperate man2.

Jesus is a kind captor.

When I feel a prisoner of circumstances, or face what seems unchanging problems, it is not my circumstances holding me, it is Jesus. 3Nothing is impossible with God. He is working his character in me and at the 4right time the circumstances will change. He shall get glory from where I am, like I am, and/or place me where I need to be.

1 Acts 12
2 Acts 24:26
3 Luke 1:37, Matthew 17:20
4 Hebrews 4:16

FAL

No comments:

Post a Comment