Friday, May 7, 2010

Lack is NOT a Hindrance to God

"when I broke the five loaves for the five thousand people? How many baskets full of leftover pieces did you take up?" "Twelve," they answered. And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand people," asked Jesus, "how many baskets full of leftover pieces did you take up?" "Seven," they answered. And you still don't understand?" he asked them. - Mark 8:19-21 (KJV)
One day, while thinking about all the good God and I could do if I won the lottery, this scripture came to mind.

Jesus fed 5,000 people with just five loaves of bread, producing twelve (12) baskets of remains, but only seven (7) baskets of remains when he fed less people with more bread.

I realized the less he started with the more he produced! I, then, felt like God asked me how much I thought He could produce if he started with nothing at all. (I felt like that was a trick question!).

I decided to stop looking at my lack and start expecting Him to use even my meager resources for His service.

-FAL

No comments:

Post a Comment