Monday, May 3, 2010

Job's Lament Granted...

"Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat! I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments. I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me....he would pay attention to me." - Job 23:3-5,6b (ESV)
Job lamented he could not go to the "seat" (throne) of God. He knew, if he could, God would listen to his deepest hurts and troubles and he would find relief!

The barrier to God was only bridged by special prophets and seers. To hear from God one had to ask a holy man to interceed or a priest to use the "Urim and Thummin", like casting lots. Personal interaction with the Almighty was just not possible.

Then Jesus came, paid for our sins, and sent the Holy Spirit; Job's lament has been granted for every believer!
(God)..."raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." - Ephesians 2:4-7 (ESV)
Question: If you really believed you were seated with Jesus at the throne of God, how would your prayer life change?

No comments:

Post a Comment