Monday, May 10, 2010

Litmus test for Loving Jesus...

"If a man love me, he will keep my words... He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings..." - Jesus (John 14:23a & 24a KJV)
According to Jesus, a simple test of love is whether or not his words are kept.

Regardless of education, intelligence, morality, outlook, political correctness, or ecclesiastical position, if a person keeps (learns, believes, appreciates and obeys) Jesus' words that person loves Jesus.

The opposite is also true; if Christ's words are not kept the Love of Christ is NOT there no matter how good the arguments.

Jesus doesn't mean just the red letters of the Bible, a few short verses later he told his disciples,
"if they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours too." - John 15:20c (KJV)
Rev. Crepon, a pastor friend long ago when I was a young college student, told me, "Hold fast the the Bible, it will get you out of any jam it gets you into!"

Fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment